Jaspreet Singh, M.D.
Jaspreet Singh, M.D.
Physician (Double Board Certified)in Pain Management and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
Jaspreet Singh, MD is a Double Board Certified Physician in Pain Management and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
With a strong background in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Interventional Pain Medicine, Dr. Singh has implemented a multidisciplinary approach to treating pain. He is an expert with advanced training in a variety of diagnostic specialties and treatments including fluoroscopic and ultrasound guided spinal and peripheral nerve injections, joint injections, radiofrequency ablation, spinal cord stimulation, Sacroiliac joint fusion, peripheral nerve stimulation, minimally invasive lumbar decompression, kyphoplasty/vertebroplasty, intrathecal drug delivery systems, cancer pain management, and complex headache/facial pain management.
Dr. Singh has actively been involved in a diverse group of societies and has been invited to present clinical cases at numerous conferences including the American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Association of Academic Physiatrists, American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, North American Neuromodulation Society, American Pain Society, and American Academy of Pain Medicine. He is a contributing author to multiple publications including Musculoskeletal Pain Conditions. He also serves on the Young Innovator Panel in the American Society of Pain and Neuroscience.
Originally from Southern California, Dr. Singh earned his undergraduate degree at the University of California, San Diego and his medical degree from the American University of the Caribbean in Saint Maarten. He completed an Internal Medicine internship at San Joaquin General Hospital in California. Following internship, he finished his residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at SUNY Upstate Medical University in New York where he was selected as the Chief Resident. He subsequently, completed an ACGME accredited Interventional Pain Management Fellowship at the University of South Florida where he was selected as the Fellow of the Year.
Tristate Pain Institute - lnterventional Pain Management
Fort Mohave, AZ July '18 to October '19
University of South Florida Pain Management Fellowship
Tampa,FL July '17 to June ' 18
SUNY Upstate Medical University Chief Resident in Physical Medical & Rehabilitation
Syracuse, NY July '16 to June '17
SUNY Upstate Medical University Physical Medical & Rehabilitation Residency
Syracuse, NYJuly '14 to June ' 17
San Joaquin General Hospital Internal Medicine Internship
French Camp, CA July ' 13 to June '14
American University of the Caribbean Doctor of Medicine St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles October 2012
University of California- San Diego Bachelors of Science in Biology Major: Human Biology
La Jolla, CA August 2008
Professional Society Memberships & Roles:
- The American Society of Pain and Neuroscience, Faculty, Member of Young Guns Committee
- North American Neuromodulation Society, active member since July 2017
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, active member since January 2017
- North American Spine Society, active member since January 2016
- Spine Intervention Society, active member since December 2015
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, active member since 20 14
- American Assoc. of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine, active member since 2014
- Early Practice Leader, NEYRO - 2018 to current
- Fellow of The Year (Pain Management) University of South Florida ,Tampa, FL- 2017 to 2018
- Alpha Omega Phi Honor and Service Society American University of the Caribbean Qualifying Criteria: Members must have maintained at least an 85% average throughout basic sciences along with at least three community outreach activities St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles - 2009 to 2010
- Dean's List American University of the Caribbean St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles - 2009
- Martin A, Padalia D, Shah N, Singh J, Jassal N. Spinal Cord Stimulator Electrode Dislodging into the Ligamentum Flavum: A Case Report. Pain Practice. March 23, 2018
- Davies M, Ward C, Singh J. Fibromyalgia. PM&R Knowledge Now. American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Publication modification: March 27, 2017.
- Jassal NS, Oberoi-Jassal R, Singh J, Chang Y, Smith J. Primary Bone Tumor. PM&R Knowledge Now. American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Publication modification : September 30, 2016. now.aapmr.org/primary-bone-tumors/
- Jassal NS, Oberoi-Jassal R, Singh J, Chang Y, Smith J. Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Medications. PM&R Knowledge Now. American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation . Publication modification: September 30, 2016 now.aapmr.org/nonsteroidal-anti-inflammatory-medications/
- Singh J, Jassal NS, Oberoi-Jassal R. Hemophilia and Hemorrhagic Arthropathy. PM&R Knowledge Now. American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Published: September 2015. now.aapmr.org/hemophilia-and-hemorrhagic-arthropathy/
Abstracts & Poster Presentations
- Witek P, Singh J, Hamam W, Hurlong S. Vacuum Assisted Closure in Scalp Wound with Exposed Dura post Removal of Infected Cranioplasty Implant. Poster presented at: Association of Academic Physiatrists Meeting; 2016 February 16th _20th; Sacramento, California
- Singh J, Alamarie A, John L, Shanna V, Thomas PS. Eastern Equine Encephalitis Causing Chronic Neuropathic Headache: A Rare Case. Poster Presented at: New York State Society of Anesthesiologists 6911, Post Graduate Assembly: 201 S December 11th - 15th; NYC, New York
- Singh J, John L, Kanter D. Mechanical Failure of an Intrathecal Bacio/en Pump; a Case Report. Poster Presented at: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Meeting; 201 S October 1st - 4th; Boston, Massachusetts
- Singh J, Williams K. Ischemic Steal Syndrome Leading to Severe Distal Peripheral Neuropathy: A Case Report. Poster Presented at: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Meeting; 2015 October 1st - 4th; Boston, Massachusetts
- John L, Dvoskin D, Singh J, Lebduska S, Kelly M. "60-year-old-male with C6 (AIS A) tetraplegia more than 40 years ago developed autonomic dysrejlexiafrom Charcot spine arthropathy: A Case Report ". Poster Presented at: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Meeting; 2015 October 1st - 4th; Boston, Massachusetts
- Jassal NS, Chen E, Singh J, Oberoi-Jassal R, Aydin SM. Rare Case of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome After Cervical Spine Surgery; A Case Report. Poster presented at: Florida Medical Association Annual Meeting, July 31st - Aug 2
- Jassal NS, Singh J, Patel S, Oberoi-Jassal R & Gaitour E. Extensor Truncal Dystonia with Spondylosis: Interest of Lumbar Radiofrequency Ablation (RF A) for Pain Relief; a Case Report. American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin National Research Competition, June 20th 2015, Orlando FL- 3rd Prize Oral Poster Presentation
- Orthohealing Center Santa Monica, CA 2011-2012
Supervisors: Dr. Sampson, Dr. Charchian, Dr. Aufiero
Role: As a Student Researcher wrote the section on "Non-surgical treatment of chronic lateral epicondylitis," which was part of largest FDA-approved study by Dr. Allan Mishra for use of PRP as a treatment for chronic lateral epicondylitis. Part of an ongoing project researching Bone Marrow mesenchymal cells use in treating Osteoarthritis. Followed the recovery of 9 patients post BM injection in the knee. Additionally, kept up-to-date with current research and creating patient education content on the Orthohealing website and wrote biogs for Knee pain, PRP injections and Bone Marrow mesenchymal cells injections.
- Kern Medical Center Bakersfield, CA 2011-2012
Department of Internal Medicine, Dr. lshaan Kalha, MD
Research Assistant: Cost-Benefit Analysis of Colonoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy, and Virtual CT Colonoscopy
- Kern Medical Center Bakersfield, CA 2011-2012
Department of Internal Medicine, Dr. Cameron Chang, MD
Research Assistant: Endoscopy Surveillance Rates Post Acute Variceal Hemorrhage at an Indigent Care Teaching Hospital.
- Practice of Medicine Upstate Medical University - Syracuse, NY October '15 to June 2017
Responsibilities: A yearlong educational program that is aimed to teach 1st year medical students at Upstate Medical University in demonstrating proper history taking and physical exam skills as well as implementing systems based review practices. Proctored and lectured weekly in a designed setting with the help of standardized patients and structured teaching sessions. Duties also included grading write-ups and clinical exam skills at routine intervals
- Ultrasound MSK Course SUNY Upstate Medical University Physician instructor - Syracuse, NY 2015 to 2017
- SUNY Upstate Medical University, Didactic Anatomy Course Creator and Instructor - Syracuse, NY 2015 to 2017
- Anatomy Lab Teacher's Assistant American University of the Caribbean - St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles May to August 2009